• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 red onions, cut into a small dice
• Fresh basil leaves (12-15), chiffonade
• 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
• 3 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 loaf of Italian bread, sliced
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1• Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
2• Add salt, pepper, and basil and sauté for another minute.
3• Add balsamic vinegar and tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
4• Cut the bread slices into 4 pieces and brush them generously with olive oil and bake in 350-degree oven for about five minutes or until golden.
5• Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mixture and serve.
Serves 6 to 8 people.