• 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves – crushed
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
• 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• garlic croutons
• 12 whole anchovy filets
• 1 head of romaine lettuce
1• In a food processor or in a large bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, anchovy paste and cheese until well blended and salt is dissolved.
2• Slowly add the oil in a thin stream until it is incorporated.
3• Dressing should have a light, mayonnaise-like consistency. Makes about one cup.
4• Place clean romaine lettuce in a large bowl, sprinkle on about half of the Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, a few tablespoons (or to taste) of dressing and toss.
5• Add more dressing if desired, the remaining cheese, sprinkle on croutons and lay whole anchovies on top.