Serves 2 to 4
4 oz. fillet of white fish
2 dried mushrooms
2 oz. tomato
1 1/2 oz. fresh or frozen broad beans
2 cups chicken stock
3 slices of ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsps. Rice wine
1/2 tsp. MSG
2 tsps. Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsps. cold water
1. Put the fish fillet into boiling water for 1 minute, then skin and mash it.
2. Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes, discard the hard centre stems and cut the caps into quarters of sixths.
3. Skin and deseed the tomato and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. Skin the broad beans by dipping in boiling water (if frozen), or boiling for about 5 minutes (if fresh).
5. Heat the stock and put in the mashed fish, mushrooms, tomato, broad beans and ginger.
6. Check the seasoning, add the rice wine and MSG and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Thicken with cornstarch mixture and serve.