Beancuard and Peanut
10 oz. beancurd (2 to 4 squares)
2 tbsps cornstarch
1 oz. canned pickled cabbage
Oil for deep frying
¼ oz. ginger in slices
2/3 cups chicken stock
2 tsps. Soy sauce
Pinch of sugar
2 tbsps salted peanuts
1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tsps cold water.
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Cut the beancurd squares into halves diagonally. Taking care not to break them, roll in the cornstarch.
2. Chopped the pickled cabbage very finely.
3. Deep fry the beancurd pieces over a moderate heat until slightly colored, then remove and drain.
4. Heat a wok with 1 tbsp. oil.
5. Stir fry the ginger for 15 seconds. Then add the beancurd pieces, stock and soy sauce.
6. Bring to the boil and add the sugar, pickled cabbage and peanuts.
7. Thicken with the cornstarch mixture, sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.