Breakfast Salad Bowl RSVP: Episode 3
Do you and your pup usually skip breakfast in favor of hitting the snooze button? We’re about to change your mind. Unlike your typical fare — think: pancakes, muffins, and other pastry treats — this savory, protein-packed breakfast bowl with green tahini dressing is all about providing you with the nutrients you actually need to power up in the a.m. Treat your pup to a bowl of Castor & Pollux Pristine™ pet food (the only complete line of pet food made with responsibly sourced ingredients), because Colt needs nutritious morning fuel, too! Then give this recipe a whirl, and enjoy.
Protein-Packed Breakfast Bowl with Green Tahini Dressing
3/4 cup dry quinoa
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 15-oz can responsibly grown chickpeas (without synthetic fertilizers and chemical pesticides), drained and rinsed
2 tbsp chopped basil
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 eggs, hard-boiled
4 cups arugula
2 fillets wild-caught smoked salmon
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup water, plus more to thin as needed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp minced tarragon (optional, but delicious)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a small pot.
2. Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low, simmering for about 15–20 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked through.
3. Fluff with a fork and keep covered.
4. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil, followed by garlic and chickpeas.
5. Saute the garlic and chickpeas, stirring regularly, for about 8 minutes, until the chickpeas are golden-brown and a little crispy. Remove from heat and toss with basil and parsley.
7. Batch it! Divide the chickpeas among 4 plastic or glass containers. Add 1/2 cup of the quinoa to each bowl, along with 1 hard-boiled egg in its shell. (Remove the shell just before eating.)
8. Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to each of 4 small, sealable containers, and nestle in the bowls.
9. When ready to eat, fill a bowl with 1 cup of arugula. Top with the chickpea and quinoa mixture, 1/2 fillet of salmon, and the peeled egg; season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with dressing and enjoy!
Click HERE to read more from Refinery29