Green tea has gained popularity over the past decade. It has been proven as a health food by numerous studies and experiments conducted. Green tea can help and benefit skin by drinking and being applied to skin. Green tea is naturally rich in antioxidants which protect the skin from free radicals. Research has indicated that green tea has even more antioxidant properties than powerful vitamins used to prepare skin products to protect your skin. Then why go for man-made products for skin freshness when green tea can protect, improve and repair your skin. Green tea can do wonders:
Green tea fight free radicals and stops premature aging. Drinking green tea regularly delays aging and refreshes your skin.
– Green tea neutralizes UV rays and protects skin from sun damage.
– Green tea prevents skin cancer. If you squeeze half a lemon to your cup of green tea it will enhance its anti-skin cancer properties.
– Green tea fights inflammation. If your skin is sensitive and you often get rashes then drinking and applying green tea will soothe your skin. Moreover people with psoriasis, eczema and dandruff should drink green tea. Its anti-inflammatory action will benefit their skin condition.
– Green tea has anti-bacterial properties that decrease hormone activities and soothe acne.
– Soak about 100 grams of green tea leaves in half a liter of mineral water at room temperature. Keep it for an hour so that green tea extracts are mixed in the water. This liquid can be refrigerated. You can simply spray it on your face for skin freshness or you can dip cotton pads and apply it on your face. Cotton pads soaked in green tea liquid can be placed on strained eyes to relax and soothe eyes.
– A gentle green tea mask can be applied on face for instant glow and freshness. Mix one tea spoon of organic green tea leaves with three table spoons of mayonnaise to make the facemask. Apply it gently to your face and be careful with sensitive eye area. Leave this mask on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with water. Then dry your face and moisturize if you have a dry skin. This face mask will remove toxins from your skin making it silky, soft and glowing.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.