Contains: Original recipe makes 8 servings Change Servings – Calories 507 kcal, Carbohydrates 18.6 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 40.5 g and Sodium 588 mg
Prepration Time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons garlic salt
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
– 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
– 3 cups vegetable oil
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 cup milk
– In a large skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place coated chicken in the hot oil, and brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking chicken until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
– Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the frying oil. Over low heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour mixture. Stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock, scraping browned bits off bottom of skillet. Stir in 1 cup milk, and bring all to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with the chicken.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.