Every year we try to come up with some great gifts for the travelers on your Christmas list; from that perfect gift for that special someone to some wonderful stocking stuffers for traveler friends or lovers, our list has something for everyone.
I took my new Paperwhite on our last trip and I loved it because I didn’t have to lug several paperback bookswith me for reading on the plane. The Paperwhite is designed specifically to deliver a superior reading experience. It is priced at about $100, and there are some great offers included in the package.
– Paperwhite guides light toward the surface of the display with its built-in front light—unlike back-lit tabletsthat shine in your eyes—so you can read comfortably without eyestrain. You can adjust your screen’s brightness for great reading in any light.
– The Paperwhite can be held with one hand — it is over 30% lighter than iPad mini thinner than a pencil, and lighter than a paperback.
– The battery lasts for weeks – not hours – so you won’t be tethered to an outlet. A single charge can last up to eight weeks (based on a half hour of reading per day withwireless off and the light setting at ten.)
– Smart Lookup integrates entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X-Ray and Wikipedia so you can access definitions, characters, settings, and more without leaving your page or losing your place.
I recommend getting a cover for your Paperwhite to protect the screen.
– Designed by Amazon to be the lightest and thinnest protective cover for Kindle Paperwhite (will not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)
– Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the cover
– Secures your device without straps covering the front
– Magnetic clasp ensures cover is securely closed
– Premium natural leather exterior protects with style
Planes can be so noisy, especially if there are young children or babies on board. And, of course, the free earbuds offered by the flight attendants are practically useless; they irritate your ears and don’t muffle plane sounds. That is why I wouldn’t travel without my noise canceling headphones. I really like the Bose Quiet-Comfort 15 headphones, and here’s why:
– The best around-ear Bose headphones reduce noise across a wide range of frequencies
– Enjoy music and movies with clear and lifelike sound
– Comfortable, around-the-ear fit; ideal for frequent flyers
– Includes airline adapter, carrying case, and two audio cables – one with mic/remote for iPhone/iPod control and hands-free iPhone calling
– AAA battery included: 35 hours average life
Want to be stylish and protect the environment? Check out the products from Torrain, a company that contributes to Cambodian artisans’ well being while encouraging style with a global conscience. Torrain saves energy and reduces the amount of pollutants in the environment by using natural and recycled fabrics.Packaging materials, stationary and hangtags are also 100% recycled and printed with natural dyes.
The name is a combination of the wordTerrain and the phrase, To Rain. In order for our earth to be fruitful, rain must fall.
Even more, Torrain’s products are used for travelling which, encourages people to respect our globe, to preserve it and hopefully, to recycle.
Torrain produces purses, totes, messenger bags and more. I love the sample messenger bag recently sent to me. It is actually the perfect size for my business travel carry on. It’s padded for a computer and has separate compartments for files, pens etc. The handles tuck away and the strap is removable so you can carry it by hand or on your shoulder.
I received a Garcia artwear scarf as a sample and have worn it non-stop since. I always recommend that women travel with a neutral wardrobe and change out the look with colorful scarves. Scarves are lightweight and easily packed. So, you can take several without adding bulk to your suitcase.
My scarf is very colorful and no matter what I pair it with, it completes the look. These scarves are made of 100% polyester, and have a matte, gauzy look. They are 62 inches long by 24 inches wide, so can be worn several ways.
All scarves are inspired by the artwork of Jerry Garcia of of Grateful Dead fame and are branded with the authorized Jerry Garcia Signature brand logo. Take a look at the website and you will be amazed by the beauty and versatility of these scarves.
If you know someone planning a trip to London, here is the perfect book to give him or her. Drink London is a guide to 100 of the finest bars and pubs in the city. As you can imagine, there are many choices, so this little book offers readers an easy way to find the best speakeasys, finest bars and coolest craft beer pubs.
The author, Euan Ferguson, is the principal bar and pubs writer for Time Out London, so he knows whereof he speaks! He offers practical information as well as insider tips for discerning drinkers of every stripe.
This handy and attractive cubby is just the thing for storing all the business cards you acquire when traveling.
At a recent travel event, I collected more than 50 business cards, which I filed away as I received them. The card cubby organizes your credit cards, receipts, loyalty cards, business cards and more, with a light-weight 5″x2″x3″ Card Cubby. It has an inside zippered pocket to hold change, and there is an identification window on the back that holds your ID.
I have two cubbies and use a second to hold extra credit cards and gift cards; what a time saver.
Click HERE to read more from Europeupclose.