Bob Dylan Will Appear In 20 Cities During The Spring of 2015 Atlantic City to San Antonio
Coming off his highly acclaimed concert performances in 2014, Bob Dylan has just announced the first shows of his 2015 US tour, with spring concert dates spanning the Atlantic coast, South and Midwest.
Unlike tours of small US balls fields in the 2004 and 2005 era, most of the appearances are in upscale soft-seat venues. You don’t need blankets, folding chairs and there will be no loose joints smoked in the audience.
Here are the dates, venues and seating capacities. Obviously, the best seats will sell early when ticketing opens on February 20th, 2015 for most venues. Atlantic City tickets open on February 21st and Nashville, Tennessee to San Antonio, Texas on February 27th. There may be pre-sales announced by email to BobDylan.com subscribers.
- Apr 10, 2015 Atlantic City, NJ The Borgata, 2,400 seats
- Apr 11, 2015 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House, 2.562 seats
- Apr 12, 2015 Richmond, VA Altria Theater, 3,565 seats
- Apr 14, 2015 Savannah, GA The Johnny Mercer Theater, 2,524 seats
- Apr 15, 2015 Montgomery, AL Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, 1,800 capacity
- Apr 17, 2015 North Charleston, SC North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 13,295 seats
- Apr 18, 2015 St. Augustine, FL St. Augustine Amphitheatre 4,092 seats
- Apr 19, 2015 Orlando, FL Walt Disney Theater — Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, 2,700 seats
- Apr 21, 2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL Au-Rene Theater — Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 2,700 seats
- Apr 22, 2015 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall, 2,180 seats
- Apr 24, 2015 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre, 4,678 seats
- Apr 25, 2015 Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center, 2,712 seats
- Apr 27, 2015 Nashville, TN Andrew Jackson Hall – Tennessee Performing Arts Center, 2,472 seats
- Apr 29, 2015 New Orleans, LA Saenger Theater, 4,000 seats
- Apr 30, 2015 Memphis, TN Orpheum Theater, 2,500 seats
- May 02, 2015 Thackerville, OK WinStar World Casino (unknown capacity)
- May 03, 2015 Oklahoma City, OK Civic Center Music Hall, 2,477 seats
- May 05, 2015 Houston, TX Bayou Music Center, 2,400 seats
- May 06, 2015 Austin, TX Bass Concert Hall, 3,000
- May 07, 2015 San Antonio, TX Majestic Theatre, 2,264 seats
Read more: http://www.bobdylan.com/us/upcoming-dates
Bob Dylan keeps his cards close to the chest so we’ll just have to wait and watch Expecting Rain and Bob Links. Of course, the best bet is to get early tickets and enjoy the show. Reading about the show afterwards cannot compare with the real thing.
After some 2013 rumors Dylan would retire, he rallied late in the tour that year and broke out in 2014 with strong dates everywhere. Call him indefatigable or at least an artist who paces himself well in his 74th year.
Bob Dylan fans in the rest of the United States and Canada can only hope he swings by their neighborhoods this summer. “Then time will tell just who fell
and who’s been left behind when you go your way and I go mine.” Most Likely You Go Your Way And I’ll Go Mine
Also available for direct download from Bob Dylan on iTunes.
From Bob Dylan.com
“Bob Dylan Closes 2014 Tour With Masterful Beacon Theatre Gig… Dylan sounded magnificent. He was expressive, clear, articulate, intensely focused…“ —Rolling Stone
“…He is constantly evolving, performing his profound and poetic masterpieces with a fresh sound.” —Seattle Times
***** “Dylan has been at the top of his game. There isn’t a miss the entire night. Dylan has made me a believer all over again.” —Sydney Morning Herald
“When you see him in concert, you can watch the songs evolving before your very eyes as Dylan and his incredible band try new things and explore uncharted waters with every performance.” —ABC Australia
“…Be wowed by a tight band, and mesmerized by a man who spoke so much of the ‘60s, yet is still, astonishingly, speaking anew.” —The Observer
All shows go on sale next week.
See all concerts on the Upcoming Dates page.
By Stephen Pate, NJN Network