In the fifth case, the victim died. He was identified as George Wass, 62, of Toronto.
On Tuesday, April 5, 2011, at 3 a.m., police responded to a call for an assault in the Maynard Avenue/Leopold Street area.
It is reported that:
– a 45-year-old man was returning home in the Maynard Avenue/Leopold area,
– he was attacked from behind by another man,
– the man punched the victim in the face,
– the victim fell to the ground,
– the victim was kicked and punched while he was on the ground by the suspect,
– the suspect fled the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspect is described as 5’9"-5’10" with a medium build. He was last seen wearing dark clothing with an unknown item around his face.
Police believe it may be the same suspect responsible for the other five separate assault investigations.