It is alleged that:
– officer were in the area of Sackville Street when they saw a man displaying the characteristics of an armed person and also saw a bulge in the man’s front waistband,
– the officers approached the man and a struggle ensued,
– a silver handgun was located in the man’s waistband.
Michael Braschuk, 23, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
3. Careless Storage of a Firearm
4. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence
5. Weapons Dangerous
6. Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, April 12, 2011, room 101, 10 a.m.