It is alleged that:
– a federal election pollster attended a home and noticed a foul odour emanating from the home,
– police and fire were then contacted,
– once inside the home, police found approximately 50 to 60 cats living in the home,
– the odour was from cat feces and urine which caused damage to the home,
– the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals (OSPCA) was notified and is assisting with the investigation.
On Monday, April 25, 2011, a number of cats were rescued, with the owner’s consent, for protection.
Diane Way, 63, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1) Cruelty to Animals,
2) Cause or permit unnecessary suffering to animals.
She is scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Thursday, June 9, 2011, room 505, at 2 p.m.