It is alleged that:
– the group is known to advertise in Chinese news publications, offering loans,
– the accused men prey upon the vulnerability of gamblers who attend casinos throughout Ontario, and are in need of fast cash, and sometimes accompany groups to the casinos,
– the group then collects an inflated amount of interest from their victims, sometimes making it impossible to ever pay back the original loan amount,
– victims have reported threats of violence if repayment is not made.
Sun−Ming Chan, 46, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Attempt Obstruct justice,
Kwok Kong Leung, 46, of Toronto, has been charged with:
2) Attempt Obstruct justice.
Kin Sing Cheung, 29, of Markham has been charged with:
They were scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, on Tuesday, May 3, 2011, room 412, at 10:00am.
The victims have been cooperative with police.
Police believe there may be more victims.