It is alleged that:
– two men, known to each other, were involved in an altercation when one of the men, armed with a handgun, shot the second man several times
The victim, aged 40, was taken to hospital where he remains in stable condition.
On Friday, May 6, 2011, just before 2 a.m., Bryan Friginette, 31, of Toronto, surrendered to police and was arrested.
It is further alleged that a handgun and ammunition were seized from the accused at the time of his arrest.
Bryan Friginette, 31, has been charged with:
1. Attempt Murder
2. Aggravated Assault
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4. Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
5. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
6. Possession of Firearm While Prohibited
7. Altering Serial Number of Firearm
8. Point Firearm
The accused was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Friday, May 6, 2011, room 306, 10 a.m.