It is alleged that:
– while on patrol officers investigated a man in a vehicle
– during the investigation, a 9 mm handgun loaded with 10 rounds of ammunition was discovered
– approximately $1,500 in crack cocaine was seized
Tyler Lansdowne-Thomas, 19, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
2. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
5. Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
6. Possession Firearm Knowing the Serial Number Has Been Altered, or Removed
7. Possession of Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence
8. Unauthorized Presence of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
9. Careless Storage of Ammunition
10. Contravention of Storage Regulations Made Under the Firearms Act.
The accused is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, May 9, 2011, room 101, 10 a.m.