On Friday, March 30, 2012, at 2:45 p.m., the Toronto Police Service Fugitive Squad arrested a man wanted by the Polk County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department.
Michael Chamandy, 50, is a Canadian citizen with permanent resident status in the United States.
it is alleged that:
– the accused was being investigated for a robbery at a convenience store where a pursuit occurred
– the accused rammed a police car at a road block injuring a Polk County Sheriff
– the accused was arrested and charged with Attempted Murder, Reckless Endangerment, Attempting to Flee or Elude an Officer, Felony Criminal Damage, Operating while Intoxicated, Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and Possession of a short Barreled Shotgun or Rifle
– the accused was found guilty of Reckless Endangerment, Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated and Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, however he fled before sentencing
– the accused entered Canada on November 13, 2010, from the United States and took up residence in the Black Creek Drive/Trethewey Drive area
With the assistance of the Polk County Sheriff’s Department, 12 Division, and the Toronto Fugitive Squad, Michael Chamandy, 50, was arrest without incident.
He is presently being held in the West Detention Centre awaiting extradition.