On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, at 2:32 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision on Mount Pleasant Road, at Stibbard Avenue.
It is alleged that:
– a 19-year-old man was driving a Land Rover Range Rover southbound on Mount Pleasant Road
– the vehicle left the roadway and struck a pole, causing the vehicle to break apart
– the driver suffered minor injuries
A 24-year-old male passenger in the vehicle suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver, Oliver Karafa, 19, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Criminal Negligence Cause Death
2. Impaired Driving Cause Death
3. Dangerous Driving Causing Death
4. Over 80 mgs Causing Death
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Tuesday, April 3, 2012, room 501, at 2 p.m.