The Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes Unit – Child Exploitation Section would like to alert the public to the arrest of a man in a child-luring investigation that began in the United States.
It is alleged that:
– the man extorted a 12-year-old girl through Facebook while pretending to be Justin Bieber
– he threatened the victim repeatedly to entice her to perform sexual acts on her webcam
– the girl complied and when she eventually ceased communication, the man told her he posted the videos to a pornographic website
The incidents were investigated by US law enforcement, and led to the discovery that the man was allegedly living in Toronto.
With the assistance of the Ontario Provincial Police, Project P (Child Exploitation Section), the Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes Unit – Child Exploitation Section continued the investigation and identified the man.
On Wednesday, April 4, 2012, the man was arrested while allegedly trying to meet an officer under the guise of a 14-year-old child in Toronto.
Lee Moir, 34, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) three counts of Luring a child under 16
2) Invitation to sexual touching
3) Make child pornography
4) Make available child pornography
5) Possession of child pornography
7) two counts of Attempt exposure to person under 16
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park, in courtroom 507, on Thursday, April 5, 2012, at 10 a.m.
It is further alleged that accused used fake profiles on Facebook under the identities of:
– Lee ONeel
Police believe that the accused has had contact with numerous children online.