It is alleged that:
– on Friday, October 8, 2010, at 117 Melville Avenue, a 34-year-old man was confronted by three men inside the home.
– the men demanded the victim's money.
– a struggled occurred between the men and victim.
– one of the men shot the victim at close range, striking him in the back.
– the men fled the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening, injuries.
Carlos Joao Almeida, 24, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Attempt Murder While Using a Firearm
2) Aggravated Assault
3) Robbery While Armed with a Firearm
4) Use Firearm to Commit an Indictable Offence
5) Discharge Firearm Endanger Life
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Thursday, May 3, 2012, room 101, at 10 a.m.
Two suspects still remain at large.