It is alleged that:
– the victim obtained the services of a “spiritual healer” during March 2010,
– the victim met with the accused and another man several times over the following weeks,
– during the meetings, the victim suffered financial losses.
On Thursday, April 1 at 10:31 a.m., Batura Draame, 30, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
– Fraud Over,
– False pretences over,
– Pretending to practice witchcraft,
– Theft over,
– Possession Property obtained by Crime,
– Possession Property obtained by Crime.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, April 2, 2010 at 10 a.m.
Police believe there may be more victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Brenda Vukicevich at 416-808-1207, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).