It is reported that:
– the unknown suspects telephoned the victims and made demands for money,
– the suspects threatened the victims with bodily harm if the demands were not met,
– the suspects spoke to the victims in Mandarin,
– the victims were told to get the money together,
– the victims were told to expect another call that would include instructions on what to do with the money.
The investigation has revealed that these calls were made from outside Canada and no follow-up calls were ever made to the victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Jocelyn Karr, at 416-808-4204, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).