It is alleged that:
– a citizen saw a man pull out a gun in the middle of Dundas Square, where a large crowd of people gathered to attend a marijuana rally,
– the citizen tackled the armed man to the ground,
– other citizens assisted and held the man until police arrived,
– a .22 calibre semi-automatic handgun was seized.
Donovan Wynn, 33, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
3. Possession of a Prohibited Weapon,
4. Carry Concealed Weapon,
5. Possession of Prohibited Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
6. Weapons Dangerous,
7. Pointing a Firearm,
8. Use Firearm to Commit Indictable Offence,
9. four counts of Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order,
10. Threatening Death.
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, April 21, 2010, at 10 a.m., room 101.