Officers attended and located a 26-year-old man suffering from obvious wounds. The victim was taken to hospital with what is believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.
It is alleged that:
– the accused attended the victim’s apartment and banged on the door,
– the victim answered the door and was confronted by the accused who began yelling and threatening the victim,
– the accused pushed his way into the apartment and stabbed the victim,
– guests in the victim’s apartment intervened, grabbed the accused, and held him for police.
The accused was also taken to hospital and treated for none-life-threatening hand wounds.
Vakhtang Makhniashvili, 50, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Aggravated Assault,
2. four counts of Threaten Bodily Harm,
3. Forcible Entry,
4. Assault with a Weapon.
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, May 8, 2010, room 101, 10 a.m.