The incidents are as follows:
· Stolen Vehicle – 1300 block of Redwood Avenue – In possession of a firearm at the time.
· Damaged Vehicle – first 100 block of Greenhoven Crescent.
· Attempted Stolen Vehicle – first 100 block of Larkspur Drive.
· Stolen Vehicle – first 100 block of Stillmeadow Cove.
· Damaged Vehicle – 300 block of Inkster Park Drive.
· Damaged Vehicle – first 100 block of Foyle Street.
· Attempted Stolen Vehicle – 100 block of Ostafiew Farm Road.
· Stolen Vehicle – 100 block of Ostafiew Farm Road.
On June 2, 2010 at approximately 1:30 a.m., Uniform members were dispatched to the area of the 400 block of Grenadier Drive regarding a 16 year old male believed to be breaching conditions of his Undertaking.
The Winnipeg Police Service had originally been notified by Probation Services indicating that the suspect male is participating in the Winnipeg Auto Theft Suppression Strategy and is being monitored by way of an electronic bracelet.
Attending members observed the most recent stolen vehicle being operated in the area of Corydon Avenue and Carpathia Street at which time attempts to pull the suspect vehicle over were made. The driver of the stolen vehicle fled from police at a high rate of speed having no regard for public safety. Police pursued the vehicle for a short period of time, but aborted the pursuit due to the unsafe manner of driving by the suspect.
The suspects eventually abandoned the stolen vehicle in the Tyndall Park area and fled on foot. Officers subsequently located 2 of the suspects in the area at which time they were placed under arrest. The third suspect was arrested later in the day.
All three are facing numerous charges in relation to their alleged involvement in numerous incidents. These charges include: Theft Under $5000.00, Theft Over $5000.00, Mischief Under $5000.00, several firearm related offences and Fail to comply with a Sentence Order/Undertaking.
Two of the 16 year olds are Level 4 Offenders have been detained in the Manitoba Youth Centre. The third male was released on a Promise to Appear.