Prime Minister Stephen Harper today announced the itinerary of the Royal Tour of Canada by Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
The royal couple will tour Halifax; Toronto; Waterloo, Ontario; Winnipeg; and the National Capital Region from June 28 to July 6.
"All Canadians eagerly anticipate welcoming Her Majesty. The Crown endures as a symbol of our unique Canadian identity, uniting Canadians of every background and every region," said the Prime Minister. "Canadians hold Her Majesty and the Royal Family in deep affection and high regard, a sentiment which is clearly mutual."
The itinerary, which was developed in collaboration with municipalities, provinces and private organizations, includes the following highlights:
- Welcoming ceremony at Garrison Grounds in Halifax (June 28)
- Mi’kmaq cultural event in Halifax (June 28)
- International Fleet Review in Halifax to mark Canadian Navy Centennial (June 29)
- Canadian Museum of Nature visit in Ottawa (June 30)
- The Canada Day Noon Show on Parliament Hill (July 1)
- Dedication of a cornerstone at the Human Rights Museum in Winnipeg (July 3)
- The Queen’s Plate at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto (July 4)
- Tour of the RIM Blackberry facility in Waterloo (July 5)
- Film shoot at Pinewood studios in Toronto (July 5)