The event will start at 10 a.m., at Nathan Phillips Square. The event organizers anticipate approximately 6,500 participants.
The route is as follows:
Walkathon route: starts at 10 a.m.
Formation area: Nathan Phillips Square (southwest corner),
– westbound Queen Street West (north side sidewalks and westbound curb lane & lay-by),
– northbound University Avenue (northbound lanes – full road),
– turnaround at College Street (just south of, on University Avenue),
– southbound University Avenue (northbound lanes – full road),
– eastbound Armoury Street (full road),
– dispersal area Nathan Phillips Square
Motorists are advised to consider the anticipated traffic congestion and delays on many of the nearby streets.