It is alleged that:
– on Thursday, June 24, 2010, the accused was filming the G20 Summit security fence area at Front Street/York Street,
– he was approached by a security officer and was requested to provide identification,
– he indicated that he was not carrying identification because he was working undercover as a peace officer,
– later a warrant was issued for his arrest by officers from the Toronto Police Service,
– the accused was about to board a plane at Toronto Pearson International Airport when he was arrested by officers from Peel Regional Police.
Charlie Veitch, 29, of England, has been charged with:
1) Impersonate a Peace Officer,
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, June 30, 2010, room 203, at 2 p.m.