On July 4, 2010 at approximately 2:00 p.m., a 24 year old male victim was waiting for a bus at the bus shelter on the East Side of Main Street North of Euclid Avenue.
At this time a male exited a bus, walked across the street and approached the victim. He produced a firearm and shot the victim several times. The suspect fled the scene but was later apprehended by a witness and held for police.
The victim was conveyed to a Winnipeg Area Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Jheruel Mananghaya, 24 years of Winnipeg is charged with the following offences and subsequently detained at the Winnipeg Remand Center.
– Possession of Firearm while Prohibited
– Possession of a Weapon obtained by Crime
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
– Carrying a concealed weapon
– Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
– Careless use of Firearm
– Discharge Firearm with Intent to Endanger Life
The investigation is continuing by the Winnipeg Police Service Homicide Unit.
Homicide Investigators are asking that the occupants of a motor vehicle that may have had contact with a shirtless male in the area of Sutherland Avenue and Robinson Street, contact the Homicide Unit.