The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist requiring the Department to warn the public that Matthew Ralf HARKS is residing in the City of Vancouver, and poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of female children.
Harks has a history of sex-related convictions involving children and has been assessed as a high risk to re-offend sexually.
HARKS served all of a 3 year aggregate sentence after being convicted of 1 count of sexual assault in 2007. He has two prior sex assault convictions, as well as one conviction for fail to comply with probation order.
HARKS is a 28 year-old white male, 5’8” tall and 146lbs, and has blonde hair and blue eyes.
HARKS must abide by the following conditions:
– No contact with children under the age of 16
– Not to possess pornography
– Not to attend parks, playgrounds, daycares, recreation centres, swimming pools, or any place where children are known to congregate (lifetime prohibition).
– Not to use computers for the purpose of communicating with children under the age of 16 (lifetime prohibition).
– Not to seek, obtain or continue employment or volunteering in a capacity that involves being in a position of authority towards a child under 16 years (lifetime prohibition).