5-year-old child nearly dies playing with window blind cord in Pickering

A 5-year-old child was transported to a Toronto area hospital for medical treatment following an accident involving a window blind cord at his home yesterday.

On Sunday July 11, 2010, at approximately 9:20 p.m. police and emergency services responded to a home on Strouds Lane in Pickering for an accident involving a 5-year-old boy. The child had become entangled in a cord attached to a window blind and was found unconscious and non-breathing by his parents. EMS personnel transported the child to a Toronto area hospital for medical treatment where he is listed in critical but stable condition.

Police are investigating the accident. Foul play is not suspected.

Related Articles

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *