On July 21, 2010 at approximately 6:15 p.m., Uniform members were dispatched to the area of the 500 block of Alexander Avenue regarding a gun related matter.
Attending members located a suspect vehicle and occupants at which time a traffic stop was initiated. A male suspect subsequently exited the vehicle while armed with a firearm and confronted officers. A firearm discharge took place and the suspect fled the area making good his escape.
The two remaining occupants were taken into custody without incident. A firearm was also located and seized by officers.
As a result of an investigation by members of the Major Crimes Unit, an arrest warrant has been obtained for the following male suspect:
Geoffrey Oliver REID, 23 years of Winnipeg
– Point Firearm
– Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm X2
– Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
– Carrying a concealed weapon
– Possession of Firearm while Prohibited
– Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
– Fail to Comply with Condition Recognizance
– Breach of Probation
– Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
– Breach of Firearms Regulation
REID should be considered to be potentially armed and dangerous. If the suspect is observed, contact the police, do not approach him.