It is alleged that:
– the accused sets up accounts on internet sites to sell concert tickets and other items,
– the accused uses several aliases: Ray Persaud, Jason Persaud and Tristan Rattan,
– the accused corresponds with potential buyers through e-mails, using: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com,
– the accused also has provided the following contact telephone numbers to potential buyers: 416-479-0074, 1-877-777-8340 and 416-646-6884,
– the accused then arranges to meet with the potential buyers at a specified location,
– the accused provides an e-ticket to the buyers for the requested event and the buyers pay cash for the tickets,
– the buyers eventually become aware the tickets are fraudulent.
Gokularaj Velautham, 25, of Hamilton, has been charged with:
1) four counts of Fraud Under,
2) three counts of Uttering forged document.
Police believe there may be other victims.
Above: Gokularaj Velautham, 25, charged in fraud investigation