It is alleged that:
– a 25-year-old foreign exchange student from Korea posted an ad looking for assistance learning to speak English,
– a man, who identified himself as Karl Kim, responded to the student’s ad and made arrangements to meet the student,
– on Monday, August 16, 2010, the two met at a restaurant,
– a couple of hours later, the suspect brought the student with him to a friend’s house, where she was sexually assaulted.
Michael Chiong, 31, (aka Karl Kim) of Missisauga, is charged with:
1. Sexual Assault,
2. Forcible Confinement,
3. Theft Under,
4. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime,
5. Fail to Comply with Recognizance.
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 10 a.m., room 306.
Investigators believe there may be other victims.