It is alleged that:
– a 33-year-old man, driving a Honda Civic, was attempting to make a left turn from Vice Regent Boulevard onto southbound Highway 27,
– the vehicle entered the northbound lanes of Highway 27, and was struck on the rear driver side door by a northbound Mercedes, driven by the accused,
– a 29-year-old woman, seated behind the driver of the Honda, sustained massive trauma and was pronounced deceased at the scene,
– a six-year-old girl, also a rear passenger in the Honda, sustained major injuries and was taken to hospital in critical condition,
– the 33-year-old man and a seven-week-old baby were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Igor Kresko, 45, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Criminal Negligence Cause Death,
2. Impaired Driving Cause Death,
3. two counts of Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident Cause Death,
4. counts of Fail or Refuse to Supply Sample Cause Death,
5. Criminal Negligence Cause Bodily Harm,
6. Impaired Driving Cause Death,
7. Dangerous Operation.
He was scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Monday, September 27, 2010, room 202, 2 p.m.
The investigation continues by members of Traffic Services.