It is alleged that:
– a van with six occupants was stopped for a Highway Traffic Act infraction while eastbound on Lawrence Avenue East,
– during the traffic stop, a bag containing a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun and ammunition was located.
Tyrrell Turner, 18; Derol Shaw, 19, and four boys, aged 17, 17, 16 and 14, were charged with:
1. Unauthorized Presence of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle,
2. Careless Storage of a Firearm,
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
4. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
5. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition,
6. Possession of Prohibited Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
7. Careless Storage of Ammunition.
The 16-year-old was charged additionally with:
1. two counts of Fail/Refuse to Comply with Y.C.J.A.
The names of the Young Offenders cannot be released under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The accused appeared in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, room 408, at 9:30 a.m.