On Monday, October 4, 2010, police arrested a woman in a fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
– in September 2010, the accused posted a vehicle for sale on Kijiji,
– the accused asked to be contacted via telephone; she would return messages left by potential buyers,
– the accused would meet with victims, receive a deposit for the vehicle and advise the victims that the vehicle would be ready after it received maintenance,
– the accused would then cut off all communication with the buyers.
Karen Anne Rose, 40, of Ajax, has been charged with:
1) two counts of Fraud Under $5,000,
2) two counts of Possession of Proceeds of Crime,
3) Attempt Fraud Under $5000.
Police believe there may be more victims.