It is alleged that, on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at approximately 12:30 a.m:
– a 19-year-old man was walking along Danforth Avenue when he was approached by the accused,
– the accused pulled out a knife, grabbed the man and forced him into a doorway,
– the accused made a demand for money and the man’s iPod and the victim complied,
– the accused assaulted the man several times and threatened to kill him,
– the accused then hailed a taxi and fled the area with the man’s property.
The victim sustained injuries to his face.
It is further alleged that, on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at 2:10 a.m:
– a 24-year-old man was walking in the Highfield Road/Gerrard Street East area when he was approached by the accused,
– the accused asked the man for a cigarette while holding a knife,
– the accused attempted to assault the man, but he was able to pull away from the accused and run to a vehicle and asked the passengers to call police.
It is further alleged that, on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at 4:55 a.m:
– a 38-year-old woman was waiting for a streetcar at Queen Street West/Woodbine Avenue when the accused approached her and stood in front of her,
– the accused grabbed her arm and showed her a knife,
– the woman broke free and began to run towards a taxi but the accused continued to chase her,
– the woman got into the taxi and the taxi driver locked the doors and the accused stood outside the cab holding a knife.
On Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at 5:04 a.m., the accused was located on Queen Street East, just east of Woodbine Avenue.
Matthew Dawson, 37, of no fixed address, is charged with:
1. three counts of Robbery,
2. Forcible Confinement,
3. three counts of Assault with a Weapon,
4. three counts of Weapons Dangerous,
5. three counts of Carry Concealed Weapon,
6. Threatening Death,
7. Assault Causing Bodily Harm.
He appeared in court on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at College Park Court.