It is alleged that:
– a 30-year-old man and friends were at a party on Bloor Street West, along with the suspect,
– the group left the party and got into a car parked on Bloor Street West, when the suspect followed the group and approached their car,
– a verbal argument unsued and shots were fired,
– the victim, 30, was shot and rushed to hospital via emergency run.
On Wednesday, October 6, 2010, police arrested and charged Tsegai Ghebreigziabiher, 26, of Toronto, with:
1) Robbery while armed with firearm,
2) Pointing a firearm,
3) Attempted murder,
4) Discharge firearm endanger life,
5) Aggravated assault,
6) Assault with weapon,
7) Weapons Dangerous,
8) Firearm careless storage,
9) Firearm careless use,
10) Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition,
11) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized,
12) Unauthorized possession of a firearm,
13) Possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Thursday, October 7, 2010, room 101, at 10 a.m.