It is alleged that:
– officers saw a man fitting the description of a robbery suspect walking east on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West,
– the man stopped and changed direction, then began running from police,
– after a short foot pursuit, the man was arrested,
– a loaded 9 mm handgun and quantity of marijuana and cocaine were seized.
Wendy Vil, 27, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Possession for the Purpose Marijuana (under),
2. Possession for the Purpose Cocaine,
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
4. Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition,
5. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
6. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence.
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, October 10, 2010, room 101, 10 a.m.