Officers attended and located a 17 year-old-boy with a gunshot wound to the leg.
It is alleged that:
– a 17-year-old boy was in a retail store within the Jane/Finch mall when two men entered,
– the men approached the boy and made a demand for money,
– a brief struggle ensued between the boy and the two men at which time the boy was shot in the leg,
– the two men fled then hailed a taxi,
– two pay duty officers working at Finch Avenue West/Norfinch Drive heard the radio call and intercepted the taxi,
– the two men were arrested and a loaded 9mm handgun was seized,
– the gun has been identified as being stolen.
The victims injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
Tristan Cox, 23, and Francis Koroma, 23, both of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. Robbery While Armed with a Firearm,
2. Aggravated Assault,
3. Discharge Firearm Endanger Life,
4. Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition,
5. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
6. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
7. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm.
Tristan Cox is additionally charged with:
1. three counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance.
They are both scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, November 17, 2010, at 10 a.m., room 306.