It is alleged that:
– as the officers approached the entrance of 200 Chalkfarm Drive, their attention was alerted to three men who had just left the building and were walking towards the front parking lot,
– the officers investigated the three men as they left the building,
– further investigation found all three men in possession of fully loaded semi-automatic restricted firearms and a small quantity of narcotics.
Ronald Byfield, 19; Marvin Turner, 19; and Tristan Curry, 21, all of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
2. Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is Unauthorized,
3. Weapons Dangerous,
4. Carry Concealed Weapon,
5. Possession of firearm obtained by the Commission of an Offence.
Ronald Byfield is additionally charged with Possession of a Restricted firearm with Ammunition.
Marvin Turner is additionally charged with:
1. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition,
2. Possession of Marijuana (under).
Tristan Curry is additionally charged with Possession of Controlled Substance Schedule I.
All three accused appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, November 20, 2010.