It is alleged that:
– the victim purchased car insurance from the accused,
– the victim believed the insurance was valid,
– the accused, a paralegal, was operating under Royal Sun and Alliance Company using Executive Brokers as the insurance broker, 251 Consumers Road #1200,
– the accused took $3000 cash for the insurance,
– the accused forged all necessary documentation for the car insurance.
Peter Joseph, 57, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) False Pretences Under $5000,
3) Uttering Forged Document.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have purchased insurance from Peter Joseph or Executive Brokers to contact the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario to verify if you have valid insurance. They can be reached at 416-365-1900 or 1-800-265-3097.