On Saturday, November 20, 2010, at approximately 5 p.m., members working out of the #5 District uniform Patrol Unit investigated a suspicious man in the area of Bur Oak Avenue and The Bridle Walk in the Town of Markham. During the investigation, the suspect fled from police on foot and a brief pursuit began. While engaged in the pursuit the suspect was observed throwing an object into a nearby pond.
The suspect was quickly apprehended by police and found to be in possession of a quantity of what is believed to be marihuana and ketamine. Following the arrest, investigators engaged the York Regional Police Underwater Recovery Unit, who then located a loaded handgun in the pond the following morning.
There were no injuries as a result of this incident.
• Nicholas Alexander GLASGOW, 25, of No Fixed Address
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Careless Use of a Firearm
• Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing it’s Possession is Unauthorized
• Carry a Concealed Weapon
• Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
Mr. GLASGOW has been held in custody and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Newmarket on Tuesday, November 23, 2010.