It is alleged that:
– the driver of a vehicle fled the scene after being stopped by police, striking two officers,
– a short pursuit occurred before the driver stopped his vehicle,
– the driver then accelerated away, striking one of the officers,
– police fired shots during the altercation,
– police pursued the vehicle before the driver was able to escape.
– on Monday, November 30, 2010, police identified and arrested the driver at a home in Vaughan
The vehicle involved was located by police.
Basman Elias, 36, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Assault with weapon,
2) Assaulting a peace officer,
3) Failure to stop at scene of accident,
4) Dangerous operation,
5) Fail to stop for Police,
6) Assault with weapon,
7) Assaulting a peace officer,
8) Failure to stop at scene of accident,
9) Aggravated assault,
10) Assault with weapon,
11) Assaulting a peace officer.
He was scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Tuesday, November 30, 2010, room 206, at 10 a.m.