On Tuesday, November 9, 2010, at 9:46 p.m., police responded to a pedestrian struck collision, near 2435 Kipling Avenue.
It is alleged that:
– a 58−year−old man was crossing Kipling Avenue, midblock, from the west side to the east side, south of Albion Road,
– the pedestrian was struck by a Lincoln that was travelling northbound on Kipling Avenue,
– the pedestrian sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital where he remains.
The driver was arrested at the scene and taken to 22 Division for investigation. He was later released.
On Thursday, December 2, 2010 the driver, Samuel Gregoris, 68, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm,
2) Dangerous Operation Causing Bodily Harm.
He is scheduled to appear at Toronto West Courts, 2201 Finch Avenue West, on January 18, 2011.