Brian Takahashi, 20, later succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
On Sunday, January 2, 2011, at about 5 p.m., the accused, with his lawyer, attended 14 Division and surrendered to members of the Homicide Squad.
Luke Heath, 27, of Toronto, was arrested and is charged with First Degree Murder and Attempted Murder.
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, January 3, 2011, at 10 a.m.
On Saturday, January 1, 2011, at approximately 2:25 a.m., police responded to a stabbing in the Queen Street West/Portland Street area.
It is reported that:
– at approximately 1 a.m., the victim and a group of his friends were outside a night club in the Queen Street West /Portland Street area,
– while waiting for a limousine to pick them up, the group was approached by the suspect, with a video camera, who was with 2-3 other people,
– the suspect asked the group about their New Year’s resolutions while filming them,
– as a result, a verbal altercation took place and the suspect left the area.
It is further reported that:
– an hour later, the suspect returned to the area alone,
– a second altercation took place, and the victim was stabbed by the suspect,
– a second man was also stabbed,
– the suspect fled in an unknown direction.
Both victims attended hospital where one succumbed to his injuries.
The victim has been identified as Brian Takahashi, 20.
The suspect is described as white, 20-30, 6′-6’1", 160-180 lbs, medium build, wearing camouflage shorts with a vertical tattoo on his rib cage in Old English writing, possibly "HAT" or "HAJ" or "HAF" or similar.