Located inside was a large scale sophisticated hydroponic marihuana grow operation which had the potential to produce approximately 2000 cannabis marihuana plants. The Winnipeg Police Service Drug Unit provided assistance in dismantling this operation.
As a result of this investigation the following has been seized:
– Approximately 590 Cannabis Marihuana Plants – Estimated value $663,000.00
– Approximately 6 Kilograms Cannabis Marihuana shake – Estimated value $15,000.00
– Approximately 62 Grams of Hash Oil – Estimated Value $1550.00
– Assorted grow and extraction equipment – Estimated Value $10,000.00
On January 4th, 2011 at approximately 10:00 a.m. Winnipeg Police Service Members stopped a vehicle in the area of the 200 block Aubrey Street, and subsequently arrested a 51 year old male allegedly involved with this incident.
John Edward MILLER, 51 years of Winnipeg has been charged with the following offences:
– Warrant to Arrest – Possessing Substance for Purpose of Trafficking
– Trafficking in controlled substance- Cannabis Marihuana
– Production of controlled substance X2 (Cannabis Marihuana and Cannabis Resin)
– Fail to comply with conditions- Undertaking
MILLER has been detained at the Winnipeg Remand Centre.