Arrested charged with Conspiracy to Traffic a Controlled Substance are:
1. ANNIS, Michael Shane, age 36 of Whistling Springs Cres., Oakville
2. MECO, Julie, age 35 of Whistling Springs Cres., Oakville
3. MUNRO, David, age 30 of Pagehurst Ct., Mississauga
4. MORALES, Fernando age 35 of Oakville
5. MATTHEWS, Edward age 30 of Millwood Rd., Toronto
Previously charged during the course of this investigation for conspiracy and trafficking related offences are:
6. CHANG, Paul, age 31 of Stalmaster Drive, Markham
7. CRAIGIE, Mark, age 27 of Markham
8. CHING, Andy, age 24 of Oakville
9. NEWELL, Paul Jeffrey, age 29 of Milton
The RCMP GTA Drug Section investigation, dubbed Project OSLEEVE, began in September 2010 and was worked on jointly with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and with assistance from York Region Police Service. On January 11, 2011 members of the RCMP conducted coordinated arrests of five members of this criminal organization in the GTA with the assistance of CBSA. Two search warrants were executed at a business and a residence in the GTA. The investigation is still ongoing, further charges and arrest warrants are pending.
It is alleged that large amounts of cocaine and other controlled substances were being trafficked in the GTA by several persons identified in the investigation. During the course of the investigation, police have seized, approximately 10 kg of cocaine, 4.8 kg of ephedrine, 3kg of marijuana, 1.5 kg of methamphetamine, 5 grams of heroin, a small quantity of MDMA, two luxury vehicles and $240,000 cash.