The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance identifying a man wanted for impersonating a police officer.
It is reported that:
– on Thursday, January 6, 2011, at 5:40 p.m., the victim was making a grocery delivery in the Danforth Avenue/Main Street area,
– when the victim was returning to his vehicle, he was approached by a man who identified himself as a police officer, using fake identification,
– the man accused the victim of parking his vehicle illegally and demanded his driver’s licence,
– the man searched the victim and removed a quantity of money from the victim’s wallet and attempted to flee.
– the victim tried to stop the suspect but was assaulted by the suspect, leaving him unconscious.
The suspect is described as white, 35-45, 5’8"-6′, stocky build with short, dark hair. He was last seen wearing a long, white trench coat.
The public is reminded that any plainclothes police officer is required to identify himself or herself with their police-issued badge and matching warrant card.