It is alleged that:
– after a lengthy investigation, on Saturday, January 23, 2011, at 2:35 a.m., a search warrant was executed at 791 Dundas Street West, in regards to the illegal selling of alcohol,
– the accused, working as a doorman, ran into the women’s washroom when officers arrived,
– officers located a high-powered 9mm semi-automatic pistol in the sink, along with a loaded magazine.
Jason Junior Smith, 35, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm wit h Ammunition,
3. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
4. Posses Firearm Serial Number Altered,
5. Possess Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed,
6. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
7. Weapons Dangerous.
The accused appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, January 23, 2011, room 101, 10 a.m.